[TenTec] Omni Vi freq drift and poor keyer?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni Vi freq drift and poor keyer?
From: gjn@mail.image.dk (gjn)
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 07:54:17 +0200
My OMNI 6+ will drift a little when I start the power supply as I switch
it on. If the 13VDC is applied a couple of minutes before I switch the
OMNI 6+ on, there is no drift, as the TCXO is DC supplied even when the
POWER button is OFF. - So Ijust leave the power supply on and have never
any drift

73/OZ6NF

- - -
Gunner Juul-Nyholm
Maglegaards Alle 93 B
DK-2860 Soborg, Denmark

Radio call sign: OZ6NF
Rig: Ten-Tec OMNI VI+, TT Centurion PA, TT 238 tuner, TT 1208 6m
transverter, SuperKeyer III
Antennas: Carolina Beam 80, GAP Eagle DX
Computer: Mac G3/266, 96 Mb/4+9 Gb SCSI2, Pentium 100, ISDN