[TenTec] Omni Vi freq drift and poor keyer?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni Vi freq drift and poor keyer?
From: vbbond@ix.netcom.com (vbbond@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1999 06:31:33 -0700
gjn wrote:

> My OMNI 6+ will drift a little when I start the power supply as I switch
> it on. If the 13VDC is applied a couple of minutes before I switch the
> OMNI 6+ on, there is no drift, as the TCXO is DC supplied even when the
> POWER button is OFF. - So Ijust leave the power supply on and have never
> any drift

Ditto here.  I just leave the DC power supply turned on all the time and
that's the end to that problem. If I'm going away from home for an
extended period of time, of course, I shut down the DC supply.
Otherwise, it stays on 24 hours a day, allowing for the Omni 6+ to
always be at peak stability.

                                          Vince/K7NA