[TenTec] Argosy arrived, now I need accessories

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Argosy arrived, now I need accessories
From: aa8ve@juno.com (JEFF S JOHNSON)
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 13:05:32 -0400
Circuit breakers are of two types "thermal" or "magnetic" so in theory a
magnetic breaker will act on current load rather than heat. I *think* the
breaker TT used for over load was magnetic which would be the best thing
for mobile,  better than fuses as they too are changed by temp. Even
worse is a fuse during winter when they are cold the blow limit really
changes. The ideal setup would be a fuse slightly larger than needed by
the rig placed at the battery and the magnetic breaker in by the rig.  If
you were using a thermal breaker like is used in buildings your right it
would not hold at the temps under the hood they are designed for a
different application. Another thing to remember is circuit breakers
should be sized using the proper power factor by design of what ever
breaker it is, to save from trying to figure all this out it's best to
find the proper one recomended by TT. The newer TT rigs have a very nice
current limiting circuit in them so the magnetic breaker is not really
needed but I think still a good idea if you have one. Now everyone get
those mobiles hooked up, don't leave home without your Ten Tec!
    73        aa8ve -Jeff-