[TenTec] Argosy 525

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Argosy 525
From: jeff@n9avg.org (Jeff Davis)
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 19:53:43 -0500
Folks,

I got my hands on a non-working Argosy 525 (analog). After a few hours
of troubleshooting the little rig has sprung to life!

I'm afraid I know nothing about this rig or it's vintage. It does have
an Embedded Research AF-224 Audio Filter Kit installed. There doesn't
appear to be a crystal filter for SSB and I don't even have a
microphone.

Sorry for the bandwidth but I have a few questions:

1. Can I get paint to match the chassis? This one is a bit scratched up.

2. What options were available for this little rig?

3. Any recommendations for filters or other options?

4. Anyone have a non-working unit they want to sell for parts? The
silkscreen on a few buttons on the front panel have faded away so I'd
like a new front panel if I can find one.

Thanks for any and all help/suggestions...

vy 73,
--
jeff davis, n9avg