[TenTec] Omni V Noise Blanker

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni V Noise Blanker
From: ve7asr@islandnet.com (Rick Williams)
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 21:36:33 -0700
Lately the 80 metre band has been extremely noisy and I've realized
that the Omni V noise blanker (NB) is close to useless.  It seems to
be off or when it's on EVERYTHING is attenuated!

Is it my imagination or am I the only one to have found little in the
way of pulse noise that the NB removes.  I've also found the NB on my
Scout to be superb.  Interestingly the blankers on the 2 rigs look
very similar.

Which raises a couple of questions:

        1) Are the Scout, Omni V and VI noise blankers similar?
        2) How well does the NB on the VI+ work?
        3) Has anyone on the reflector found a decent Modification for the
Omni V NB?

Thanks in advance and vy 73,

Rick Williams
VE7ASR