[TenTec] Omni V Noise Blanker

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni V Noise Blanker
From: aa8ve@juno.com (JEFF S JOHNSON)
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 01:29:17 -0400
Rick ,

A few years back my Omni-V was in to T*T for some service work.  While
there it was brought up to date as far as factory mods. One of the things
done was replace the low level driver / noise blanker board and did
something to the wiring of the noise blanker pot on the panel.

It really made the blanker work a lot better no more distortion on strong
signals and it can really cut down on line noise. Not all noise but when
it does work the noise is gone. Only thing I don't understand is the use
of width knob, it dosn't seem to matter where it's set . The blanker
either works or it don't. Give T*T a call and see if this is something
you can do.  If your having a noise problem this may take care of it.

Have to agree the Scout blanker is outstanding!

-Jeff-  aa8ve     TEN*TEC  or nothing!