[TenTec] Omni C FMs on Tx.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni C FMs on Tx.
From: seweber@netnitco.net (seweber@netnitco.net)
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 17:55:02 -0500
At 4:22 PM -0500 10/18/99, K & H Darwin wrote:
>My newly acquired Omni C changes frequency on TX.  It happens on all bands,
>in both SSB and TUNE modes.  As I increase the drive level, the frequency
>drops.  At max output, the frequency is down by almost 1.5 KHz according to
>the digital display.  On air reports say the TX audio is FMing so it isn't
>just a display thing.  The power supply is a deep cycle battery.  While the
>VFO needs to be rebuilt, it doesn't show drift problems on RX.
>
>Where should I look for the problem?
>
>Keith Darwin
>KD1E
>Ferrisburg, VT

Keith:

I had the same problem with my Delta II on battery, but the problem cleared
up when I either (1) backed the power down to about 50 watts, or (2) ran it
from the proper TenTec power supply.  The Delta II is not happy below about
12.5 volts.  Don't know if this applies to the Omni C.  I have an Omni B
and have never used it on battery.

Good Luck

73 de KD9BO Steve

Steve Weber

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read"
-- Groucho Marx