[TenTec] Omni C FMs on Tx.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni C FMs on Tx.
From: N4NT@wireco.net (Michael O. Hyder)
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 20:20:33 -0400
Keith, when I bought a big marine battery, a booklet came with it.  It said
the battery could be considered fully discharged if the no-load voltage was
12.0 volts.  Here is what the chart said:

12.0 volts = fully discharged
12.2 volts = 1/4 charge
12.4 volts = 1/2 charge
12.6 volts = 3/4 charge
12.8 volts = full charge

Before measuring the voltage, the battery must be allowed to sit with no
charging or load for about an hour.

Now, consider that you are operating with a dead battery and couple that
with the losses in the power cables to the rig and you may be down even
lower on the actual 'supply' voltage to the rig, which is designed to
operate from 13.8 volts or so.

Just charging the battery may help you greatly!

Regards,
Mike N4NT@wireco.net
Johnson City, Tennessee