[TenTec] Scout VS. DX-77

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout VS. DX-77
From: jreber@es.com (jreber@es.com)
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 07:58:47 -0600
Hello everyone-
I'm planning to pick up a compact rig around the holliday season for
mobile/portable use, as well as some use in a fixed location. I am
considering the Alinco DX-77 or the Ten Tec Scout for this purpose. I am a
Ten Tec fan, and run an Omni D series B as  my main base station. However,
it appears the DX-77 may be a better rig for the money. I figure that a
Scout, equipped with all of the band modules I would want, will cost about
the same as a DX-77. It looks like the DX-77 has quite a few more features
for the same price. Is there anyone on the reflector with experience with
both rigs? Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jason  KA7UAM