[TenTec] Face lift

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Face lift
From: aa8ve@juno.com (JEFF S JOHNSON)
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 09:11:38 -0500
Years ago I remember reading an article in QST, I think it was on home
brew Amps. Talked about an acid bath to give the aluminum a nice matt
finish like the T*T gear has on the inside and on the front of Tritons
etc.  Anyone know how to do this without damaging the silk screen
lettering?  Also on the top of Triton and the older Omni's I'd like to
replace the vinyl.  One good idea I got is to just paint it with black
wrinkle paint.  Anyone tried this or have a better idea?

I don't think anything sounds better than an old T*T on CW and keyed with
a properly set up and  operated bug.  I was reminded of this yesterday in
another post about CW, here's a sight to help set up your ol' bug and
maybe find the sweet spot you never could seem to get
http://fohnix.metronet.com/~nmcewen/bug_adjust.html after using this set
up and a bit of fine tuning my bug came right to life, I used some
ignition point feeler gauges.

Jeff  aa8ve --- proud Ten*Tec owner