[TenTec] Omni VI Problem ?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI Problem ?
From: kh7m@hsa-kauai.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 13:14:38 -1000
Hi,

Have decided my rig might have a real problem.
Have been noticing that when releasing the
push to talk on the 705 mike,  rcv sensitivity/
volume.  Couple of taps on the PTT button
restored normal rcv function.  So,  I supposed
I was going to have to get in and clean the
button contacts.

However,  have now found the same thing
occurring on CW!?  Key up,  and rcv does not
recover to full performance.  Couple taps to
key usually restores the rig so I can fully
hear the other end.
Any thoughts on what is happening.  Sounds
just as if the AGC were not fully restoring,
but is AGC action part of the inhibit when
transmitting? Have tried both AFC
action settings,  Fast and Slow;  either
way this failure to fully recover occurs.

My Omni VI+ is only about a year old now,
new in Sept.  of '98.

73,  Jim,  KH7M