[TenTec] Pegasus: First Impressions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus: First Impressions
From: jcox@digitalexp.com (Jim Cox)
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 09:10:30 -0600
Since the Pegasus essentially runs the "preamp" all the time, you need to
use the attenuator on signals that approach the 40 db over mark.  I dont
think it is IMD or Blocking from nearby signals but just fundamental
overload which can happen with any receiver that has a lot of gain such
as required on 10 meters for weak signal reception.  Try the attenuator on
40 and 80 when signals are strong.