[TenTec] Pegasus speaker output

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus speaker output
From: Tim Cook" <timcook@erinet.com (Tim Cook)
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 07:32:38 -0500
I was tuning around 75 meters last night and came across a conversation
about adding a speaker output to the Pegasus. Apparently Ten Tec has
received several inquiries about this.   There is a plug on one of the
boards that you can plug into and feed the wire out the back to a speaker.
>From what they said, it might be a change to future Pegasus's.  the plug is
one of the typical Ten Tec plugs that they use in all their current rigs.
Has anyone heard of this? The internal speaker is much better than most, but
I would still like to use a real external speaker, and not go through the
sound card.  I don't know about others, but on some bands, the computer
speakers really pick up RF and I would rather not go through the shielding
routine for a simple speaker output....
Tim
NZ8J