[TenTec] Pegasus speaker output

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus speaker output
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington N4LQ)
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 17:48:03 -0500
I believe there are some 100 ohm dropping resistors in series with the
headphone jack for "ear protection". This is true of most TT rigs and
don't work will with speakers. I'm not sure how hard it would be to
bypass these since they may be smt devices. My headphones (MFJ) have
the built in volume and tone controls so I don't need the resistors
anyway. Like you, I never liked internal speakers. I like my speaker
right in front of my face. Lately, i've been using a mil surplus
speaker called the LS-166, available from Fair Radio. The thing sounds
super on cw because of it's narrow response and clear sound. IT's even
better than the MFJ ClearTone speaker. 73
Steve N4LQ