[TenTec] RE: Pegasus ATTN button

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RE: Pegasus ATTN button
From: rudder@gulfcoast.net (M. Clark)
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 10:19:38 -0500
At 08:44 AM 12/8/99 -0600, you wrote:

>Or, it could be (and I suspect this is the case) that TT wanted to be able
>to provide the software to people thinking about the Pegasus so they could
>see how it looks on-screen.  They would need to run it without a Pegasus
>and not get lockups or error responses.  (I'm purely guessing here...)
>
>     73,  Duane   AC5AA

That's easy to do.  The failure mode doesn't have to have any effect on
what the user sees.  All it has to be is an internal flag that indicates
that the radio has failed to respond to a poll.  When the PC does get a
poll response it simply resends all the current settings to the radio and
resets the flag.  At least that's how I think it should work, and I assume
that's what TenTec did--somehow forgetting the Attn command.

73, Malcolm WX4YZ