[TenTec] TT Centaur missing from QST ad

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TT Centaur missing from QST ad
From: dslosty@pipeline.com (dslosty)
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 03:50:11 -0800
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
>Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 23:44:22 -0500
>From: "Mike R." <n4zn@amsat.org>
>Subject: RE: Re: [TenTec] TT Centaur missing from QST ad

>Eimac.....

>572B
>73, Mike/N4ZN
>Charleston, SC - USA
>n4zn@amsat.org

Are you suggesting substituting an Eimac 572B for 811A's???
Yes a 572B would work fine - at much higher cost.
However, as far as I know, Eimac hasn't made glass transmitting tubes
in years. They don't even make 3-500Z's any more.

All 572B's come from Russian (Svetlana) or Chinese sources.
There may also be a lot of N.O.S. Cetron stuff around.
I believe that the Taylor brand 572B is also sourced from China.

73,
Doug/WA1TUT