[TenTec] Annual "which Filters to Add to my Omni-6+" Question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Annual "which Filters to Add to my Omni-6+" Question
From: Rosenberg.Eric@orbcomm.com (Rosenberg.Eric@orbcomm.com)
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 11:30:36 -0500

Hey Folks,

It's that time of year again....this time I'm looking for help in bettering my
SSB situation.

I have the stock TT filter for SSB.  I need something tighter for contesting,
but have (somewhat vague) memories that the 1.8 kHz filter is a tad too narrow.

Generally speaking I don't mind the audio as it comes out of the speaker.  It's
just during contest time that I wish for something better.

The options seem to be:

1. Replace the stock 2.4's with INRAD 2.8's and put the stock 2.4's in the N-1
and "1.8" position

2. Replace the stock 2.4's with INRAD 2.8's and put INRAD 2.4's in the N-1 and
"1.8" position

3. Leave the stock 2.4's in place and put in an INRAD 2.1 in N-1

1 and 2 are a bit pricey, but if the difference is so substantial, then I could
possibly go for it.

Any recommendations or experiences?

Thanks in advance,

Eric W3DQ