[TenTec] wide signals

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] wide signals
From: m.rauchfuss@worldnet.att.net (Mark Rauchfuss)
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 22:14:46 -0800
No Don, You are incorrect!!!

That is why SINGLE SIDE band became to be a winner, precisely for the very
reason that you cite. You see, with SINGLE SIDE BAND that it is possible to
have the signal strenght without having the band width as in the Amplitude
modulation days. It has absolutely nothing to do with signal strength unless
the receiving station's front end is overloaded...but thatr is a function of
receiver design not transmitted signal characteristics...Get it???

Mark,
KB8GKZ