[TenTec] Hercules II Power Source

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Hercules II Power Source
From: kh7m@hsa-kauai.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 09:25:27 -1000
Aloha from Kauai again,

Well,  what a bunch of neat info from you guys
on this topic.

Have determined that the Trojan T105 is the battery
to use,  actually two in series, and the correct
deep cycle charger.  Have found both on line:

  http://www.sierrasolar.com/products/sierra5.htm

Also a lot of technical info about lead acid batteries
in particular.  Found a very nice technical site in
Switzerland,  I think it was,  but have now lost it.
Anyway,  a great deal of info about cells,  and all
the terms written about here:  float,  equalize,  etc.

We have a lot of golf courses for tourists here on
the island.  From the Trojan battery site found that
Daleco here in Lihue is one of their dealers,  so
the golf courses may be using the T105.  A little
investigating tomorrow may uncover some used
105's somewhere.  Will also check Wal-Mart as
suggested by several as a source for deep cycle
chargers under $100.  Interesting to see what
a new T105 is priced at here at Daleco (we pay
by the pound for lettuce,  sometimes,  $1.29/lb
here on Kauai).  Notice  Trojan sells their batteries
by the pallet to their dealers.  Daleco should be
buying a lot of them for all the golf carts here,  hi.
Bet they are more than $85 each after they pass
through at least three ports-Calif., Honolulu,  and  Kauai,
Nawiliwili - and the dock longshoremen  worker's
handling plus Matson ocean freight!

Thanks again for the info!

73,  Jim,  KH7M