[TenTec] COMPUTER MONITOR AND RF SHIELDING

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] COMPUTER MONITOR AND RF SHIELDING
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington N4LQ)
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 15:03:47 -0500
I think the point here is that the rig being a Pegasus isn't going to
make monitor qrm any worse. Like most PC's, monitors also have
switching power supplies and these seem to generate more trash than
even the oscillators in the monitor. Let me direct you to a Kachina's
web site where they have some information about monitor qrm. I'm going
to take my monitor apart and see if installing a couple of .01mfd caps
from the power cord to ground does any good. It sure fixed my PC's
qrm!

http://www.mscomputer.com/kachina/computer.htm
Steve N4LQ