[TenTec] tentec delta 580 struggle

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] tentec delta 580 struggle
From: pstrdave@kdsi.net (David Heintzleman)
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 20:27:49 -0600
Thanks to all for advice on my "new" 580 delta - love that rig!

a number of suggestions were made - here's what I did in one lump,
rather than try one cure, see if ok, go to next step.  guess I was in
hurry.
opened rig up, cleaned bandswitch,    extracted crystals,
clean/reinsert.
changed from power supply for my old Triton 544 to another power supply.
THE RIG WORKS AS ADVERTISED!!!
all testing was done with a TT "circuit board" connector in the outboard
vfo jacks, the external vfo was not connected.

appreciate you guys and the lists
Dave K8BBM   FISTS 4293, QCWA 24662, MI QRP 124,   G QRP 5101,
Colorado QRP 157, QRP ARCI 6354,  ARRL