[TenTec] Re: Ten Tec antenna tuners

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Ten Tec antenna tuners
From: w5yr@att.net (George T. Baker)
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 18:22:53 -0600
Paul, twisting or transposing the line is done in an effort to minimize
unbalance introduced by nearby objects. It is common practice to twist
the plastic ladderline - about 1 or 2 twists per foot - when installing
it. In my case, I have never been able to put any up without it twisting
itself very conveniently.

Power lines are commonly transposed to control line inductance, although
balance control may play a role here as well.

72/73, George
Fairview, TX   30 mi NE Dallas in Collin county
Amateur Radio W5YR, in the 54th year and it just keeps getting better!
R/C since 1964 - AMA 98452   RVing since 1972       Kachina #91900556