[TenTec] PT-340 noise bridge vs. SWR meter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] PT-340 noise bridge vs. SWR meter
From: patents@dx0man.prestel.co.uk (John - G3JAG)
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2000 11:23:39 -0000 (GMT)
Probably much less than an extra inch .... the best article on this
topic was perhaps the one in Ham Radio quite a few years back. The
authors found that toroid lead length was remarkably critical and
showed what they called "inductive rotation" because the error was
frequency dependant.

Their final design provided very simple and adjustable compensation;  it
gave a bridge with excellent accuracy over the HF bands. I have never
seen any later reference to this article, which is pretty amazing
considering the work that went into writing it. Maybe its the "not
invented here" syndrome.

I have the mag somewhere in my junk room, but so far I cannot locate
it, or I would be able to give the date/page info.

John G3JAG

E-Mail: John - G3JAG <patents@dx0man.prestel.co.uk>