[TenTec] PT-340 noise bridge vs. SWR meter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] PT-340 noise bridge vs. SWR meter
From: cherry@neta.com (Jim FitzSimons)
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 05:54:44 -0700
John, if you really want to measure impedance today just
get one of those MJF impedance bridges. They have done
all the compensation for you and put it in a computer built in
to the unit and it reads out the frequency and impedance
on a LCD display.
I have a MFJ-269 and it works from 1.8 to 170 MHz and also
the 430 MHz band. It has an N-connector on the input.
I have checked it with a Mini-Circuits 50 Ohm termination
good to 1 GHz. I also have very good HP calibrated 50 Ohm
loads with APC7 connector.
Regards, Jim W7ANF