[TenTec] Titan Problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Titan Problem
From: chestert@pressroom.com (Chester Alderman)
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 19:36:56 -0400
Hi Sid..I think EVERYONE who has a Titan has had that problem. In the 8
yrs I've had mine, I've probably replaced the relay at least six or
seven times; but then I run it at 70+wpm full QSK also. There is no real
solution to it other than changing the way the bias for the finals are
designed. My closest solution was to buy some 'used' Jennings RJ-1J
relays and install them. Where I used to replace the Kilovac's yearly, I
have had my first Jennings relay in the amp now for two years without a
problem YET!

Tom/W4BQF