[TenTec] Which Amp for RTTY

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Which Amp for RTTY
From: alsopb@gloryroad.net (alsopb)
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 22:47:28 +0000
Which amp, depends upon what you are trying to do.

If you are a RTTY contester and/or avid DX chaser then you will want
something that puts out 1.5KW with a duty cycle approaching 0.9.
Listening 10% of the time is about all you get if are CQing a lot.

That means something like a pair of 3CX800's or more.  I know for sure
a pair of 3-500Z's won't even with 3x the cooling.  They are more like
800-900 watts.

Once you get the amp then you start looking over your whole coax,
tuner, feedline and antenna system for other components you could fry
at this level.

73 de Brian/K3KO