[TenTec] FS Paragon and stuff

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] FS Paragon and stuff
From: rich@1967z28.com (Rich McCabe)
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 15:33:56 -0500
As submitted last week in the copy of the post below. I am selling a
complete Paragon station with ALL the extras. The Paragon is currently out
of PLL lock, so it needs to go back to Tennessee.

Anyway as promised I will break the station up to the high bidders for the
components. It looks like I have sold the  1.8, .5 & .25 filters and RS 232
board. Someone bid $280 on the almost new 238 tuner, and I have not got a
response back yet.

So the rest is still for sale, rig, mike, supply, FM board, voice ann., etc.
No reasonable offers refused. All equipment is in very nice condition.

Best,

Rich

<SNIP>

I tried to sell this station a while back and everyone wanted to buy just
parts of it. I am going to attempt it again and will drop the price to make
it very attractive. $1,100.00 + shipping cost buys it all. You can also make
offers on individual pieces, and if the package has not sold in one week, I
will sell individually to the highest bidders.

The rig needs to be looked at because the PLL went out of lock last year and
I boxed it up for return, but never sent it. I was told that it was usually
caused by poor solder joints on a certain board.

Here is what I have.

Paragon I
* all filters
* RS232 board
* FM board
* Voice annunc. board
* Giehl chip
* 705 Microphone
* Matching power supply (bought new from Ten Tec one month before boxing up
  radio)
* Matching antenna tuner (bought new from Ten Tec one month before boxing up
   radio)

Everything is excellent condition and not smoked around. I have all manuals
to go with the equipment.

Rich

mailto:rich@1967z28.com