[TenTec] Bob's antenna saga - should i add radials or...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Bob's antenna saga - should i add radials or...
From: mauro@idt.net (Bob Mauro - PeopleNet)
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 07:07:57 -0400 (EDT)
First, I want to thank all you antenna mavins for the great
advice on my mobile whip/verticle dipole antenna.  But I have one
last question:

As you know, I'm using a Pro-Am 30-meter whip JUST FOR 30 meters.
I have an MFJ Versa Tuner II on it and the SWR is now 1.4:1.
I've worked an OM and a DL on it at 459 and 559.  My question is
this:

If I add radials to my antenna, do I remove the ground wire going
to the grounding rod in the soil?  Or should I leave that
grounding wire in place and just add the radials?

   Bob Mauro, Mauro@Idt.Net      Amateur Radio Station KZ2G
   My DisAbility Website       http://idt.net/~mauro
   My Amateur Radio Website    http://idt.net/~mauro/kz2g.html
   My Levittown, NY Website    http://idt.net/~mauro/levittwn.html