[TenTec] Fence Charger Pulses

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Fence Charger Pulses
From: Walter Dufrain" <walter@inlink.com (Walter Dufrain)
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 21:46:57 -0600
Dan, most of the fence chargers have a capacitor discharge for the high
voltage. If you have a good ground at the metal case of the charger then
the internal discharge should not be a bother. Please check the ground
rod and need be pour some water to it, especially if your charger is in a
barn that gets no rainwater and you are depending on dry soil and other
un-mentionables for a good ground.

Also seems like your telephone line is in parallel to the electric fence.
Bad
move. You are getting induction from the fence into the phone line feeder.
It would sure be worth a look at the ground at the phone enterance box
on your house and if all the connections are tight. They are also subject
to crud build-up. Don't think I can say to fix it, but you do need a good
ground connection here. Maybe a call to the phone company for advice.
I am dancing around this issue since I do not want you in trouble.
73  Walter, AG5P