[TenTec] Hooking up an Omni-6+ (and more) and RigBlaster

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Hooking up an Omni-6+ (and more) and RigBlaster
From: wd3q@erols.com (Eric Rosenberg)
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 22:44:19 -0500
Hooking these devices up is confusing me...is it so obvious I don't see
it?

The setup:  Omni-6+, 301 remote tuner, Herc II (soon).

If go from my computer to the RigBlaster directly, how do I control the
rig as I normally do?

Do I put a "y" (or is that a "W") at the RigBlaster to hook in
everything?

Do I run a separate PTT line from my W1WEF serial port interface to the
RigBlaster (which pins on the rig's RS-232 port do I use?), and then
use a separate port to control the rig?  Should I use the Icom
interface for the rig?

So many options, so little clarity!

Any help is appreciated!

Eric W3DQ