Subject: Re: [TenTec] speaker

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Subject: Re: [TenTec] speaker
From: ve7asr@telus.net (Rick Williams)
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 21:17:14 -0800
Well I have used the Motorola speaker and like John I was disappointed.
After pulling the case apart it became obvious that the speaker had
swallowed way too many  cups of coffee in it's previous FM life.

I have replaced the speaker with a 4 inch full spectrum car stereo speaker.
I run the Omni V.9 audio into an MFJ-784 DSP and the little audio preamp in
the DSP drives the speaker quite nicely.

And for Jay to say "I go a bit overboard" ..... well words escape me but
suffice it to say that's likely a little understated!

73, Rick
VE7ASR