[TenTec] Re: ALC

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: ALC
From: RMcGraw@InfoAve.Net (Bob & Linda McGraw K4TAX)
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 07:36:20 -0800
The Omni VI+ does have ALC.  Look between the MIC/PWR and the AF/RF
controls.  There you will find a LED marked ALC.

If the power and MIC controls are adjusted correctly, the ALC LED will
flash on voice peaks.  If it stays lit then the MIC level or the audio
into the mic input is incorrect or the PWR control is fully
counter-clockwise (off).

ALC function on the OMNI VI+ is very transparent.  That's one reason the
audio is typically very good.

73
Bob K4TAX