[TenTec] Re: Omni C problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Omni C problem
From: steve@austin.ibm.com (Steve Runyon)
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 14:59:55 -0600 (CST)
My Omni D has occasionally had a similar problem... it HAS the external
243 connected, so definitely not due to a loose jumper on my radio.

In my case, it has done it very occasionally for quite some time (years),
and I have noticed that tweaking the freq band selector to another band
and back always cleared it up, so I have concluded that it is just
a flaky internal connection on my band selector switch (I hope!) Mine
usually does not happen when powering on, but rather when changing
bands or even occasionally just sitting there listening to a freq

However, it sounds like in your case the rcvr still is on the ham
band, in my case it is like it is actually listening to 9.0MHz - Boy,
that 9MHz band sure is quiet!!
Steve
WQ5G