[TenTec] Reciever comparisons

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Reciever comparisons
From: Ken & Linda Burrough" <w8keb@1st.net (Ken & Linda Burrough)
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 10:06:22 -0500
Hi All

I bought my Jupiter as an replacement for my old friend, the Triton IV
Digital.  I wanted the general coverage receiver and WRAC bands.  I went
into the Jupiter thinking it would be a FUN RIG and not a rig up to my Omni
VI Plus's standards.  I can now say the Jupiter is FAR ABOVE EVERYTHING I
EXCEPTED.  Since I filtered my Omni VI Plus for CW and not SSB I can and
will say the Jupiter is a far better SSB rig .  I can turn down the IF DSP
Filters in the Jupiter to 1500Hz and adjust the PBT for an natural speaker
audio.  This gives me the best of two worlds, the BEST CW in the world and a
Fun SSB rig.

Yesterday I sent Carl/N4PY my 25 dollars for his software, I can't wait to
try it as the Ten-Tec Pegasus software leaves some areas that I find hard to
use.  The Pegasus Software, both Ten-Tec's and Carl's will make a fun rig
much better and just think of the fun that can be had when other Ham's visit
and I show them how to surf the net and work 40 SSB at the same time.

All in all, the Jupiter is a very good rig and worth much more then Ten-Tec
is selling it for.  Just remember it is a FUN rig and go to your Omni VI
Plus for the contests and DX.

Ken/w8keb
Flushing, Ohio