[TenTec] LDG Autotuner

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] LDG Autotuner
From: patents@dx0man.prestel.co.uk (John Crux)
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 17:58:25 +0000
I built the standard 100w. LDG auto tuner from a kit. and installed it
in a steel box. It works fine ... BUT there is no screening between the
on-the-same-board electronics and the RF components. Nor is there any
obvious way of adding such screening. To be fair, I have never heard
anything from the LDG CPU, maybe because  the normal band noise level
here overpowers anything from the AT-11.
One other consequence of the lack of screening is that the AT-11 CPU is
apparently vulnerable to RF. If you try to push too much through it, it
gets rather understandably upset.

In the TT 253 auto atu, the CPU and associated electronics are very well
isolated physically from the RF section.  I have never heard any.
signals that I could attribute to the TT atu. And it is not vulnerable
to RF at any power level I can throw at it.  But it cost a great deal
more.

Now if there was a way of isolating the LDG electronics from the RF
section .... ???

 John G3JAG

E-Mail: $m