[TenTec] AT-11MP

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] AT-11MP
From: SEWATKINS@dgs.state.va.us (Sherrill WATKINS)
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 13:07:18 -0500
Mr. Ames:  The fact that the swr may be high on the coax between your antenna
tuner and the actual antenna is NOT important provided the coax is the low loss
type and the peak voltages do not exceed its rating.  At hf, most coax has
fairly reasonable loss characteristics.  If you are still concerned or not sure
about the coax, then replace it with home made open wire ladder line type. The
open wire transmission line has about 1/10 to 1/100 the loss of coax.
Remember, any swr appearing on the transmission line has nothing what so ever
to do with how well the antenna is radiating.  I have never used a horizontal
loop antenna but those I have talked to that have swear by them, provided they
are at least one wavelength in overall length on the lowest operating frequency
and are at least 1/4 wavelenth in height on the lowest operating frequency.-
Corn - k4own