[TenTec] AT-11MP

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] AT-11MP
From: Bill_Ames@hyperion.com (Bill_Ames@hyperion.com)
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 07:06:49 -0500
Well, it arrived and after connecting it (there was one of the small
wall-wart type connectors included in the box but I am afraid it was too
difficult to solder, I wish TT would have included one with some wires
attached) and finding a spare 12v at .5 amp wall wart with the correct
connector), really had to look for the power requirements, they were buried
in the manual text (sure wish TT would have included a sheet with the units
specs as they do with everything else they sell ;-) I used it to tune 80,
40, 15 and 10 MT on my full wave horizontal loop at 20 ft. It did a very
good job. We  were having a snow storm at the time so I did not get into
the other bands yet.

My next question concerns the length of the coax between the ant and the
AT-11MP. If this length were set to a multiple of 1/2 waves would the
losses on the coax due to high swr be eliminated? I was considering having
a switch that allowed me to insert the proper length of coax to achieve
this condition and wonder what the benefit would be?

Last, since the AT-11MP only needs 5w to work, is there a way to reduce the
tune output from my scout down from 20w to 6w or so?

Bill Ames
KB1LG