[TenTec] Is your message not showing up on the list?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Is your message not showing up on the list?
From: jmlowman@ix.netcom.com (Jim Lowman)
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 17:28:00 -0800
Gang, I try to keep the administrivia off here as much as possible, but
in view of the many list members writing to me to ask "Why isn't my
message showing up on the list?" I guess it bears repeating.

The tentec@contesting.com list, as well as the lists at qth.net, are
configured to reject HTML and any other sort of stylized text.  Only
plain text postings are allowed.

Most people probably don't realize that this is happening.  It seems
that HTML is the default for Netscape, but can be set to plain text.
Apparently in AOL 6.0, it isn't possible to disable HTML.

So, if you send a message to the list and it doesn't show up almost
immediately, please check your e-mail software to ensure that it is
set to send only plain text.

At one time I tried to strip out the HTML, but the volume lately is
too great.  Now, the messages end up in the proverbial bit-bucket.

Thanks and 73 de Jim - AD6CW