[TenTec] Is your message not showing up on the list?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Is your message not showing up on the list?
From: geraldj@ames.net (Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, electrical engineer)
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 10:41:31 -0600
As a counter argument to free use of RTF and HTML, there are still a
number of users with text only e-mail services such as hotmail that when
they receive RTF or HTML or graphics, they only receive piles of
illegible stuff, and for some at the cost of a long distance phone call.

I prefer to object to HTML and RTF because often the sender assumes the
screen size and colors and selects text size and font that is
inconveniently large or small or with colors that contrast poorly (such
as dark blue on black). Yes I know I can turn off using the sender's
colors, but web pages are often more useful with well designed pages.

e-mail that is inconvenient to read often ISN'T read, its just killed.
Plain ASCII text rarely is inconvenient to read unless verbose. Of that
I'm guilty.

73, Jerry, K0CQ