[TenTec] TUNER which tuner?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TUNER which tuner?
From: cshyde@yahoo.com (Carl Hyde)
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 11:51:46 -0800 (PST)
This tuner discussion is really neat. I built the little TT 291 tuner when it
was offered as a kit. I fried it pretty good trying to match a four slinky
dipole on 80 meters. That torroid sure did smoke! I have a Johnson 275 watt
matchbox, dentron, TT 229, Heathkit, and a James Millen antenna tuner. The
Millen will match a coke can to a cats tail if you need to. I have used it for
some pretty bizzare antennas. I also have had much success with the Johnson
matchbox on a single end Zep antenna built with 600 ohm ladder line. I have
been a big follower of the amplifier and Tuner philosophies of Rich Measures.
He wrote an article that created a hornets nest in QST in 1990. If you want to
read the article here is the URL.

http://www.vcnet.com/measures/bbat.html

=====
Carl H.
Remember, the opposite of PROGRESS is CONGRESS