[TenTec] 238 Question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 238 Question
From: cherry@neta.com (Jim FitzSimons)
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 12:51:14 -0700
Jerry, use a 4:1 transformer to lower the impedance. Then you do not
need such a large inductor.

I have run out of capacity on my 238. I used the extra capacitor
Ten Tec sent with the tuner. The 238 needs more positions on the
variable capacitor. It is not convenient to connect external
capacitors. There are frequencies that the 238 skips over
the best tuning.

My LDG Z-11 will tune just about any antenna.
The Z-11 is only good for 30 Watts and the AT-11 will handle
150 Watts. These L tuners really spoil you.
Regards, Jim FitzSimons W7ANF