[TenTec] TUNER?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TUNER?
From: K2ZF@aol.com (K2ZF@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 07:18:48 EST
In a message dated 1/26/01 4:01:05 AM !!!First Boot!!!, rbdrake@erols.com
writes:

<<
 The problem with tuned antennas is that they are only tuned at one
 frequency. If you are satisfied to be frequency bound by your
 antenna, that's fine. If you have enough space and resources to
 put up a different antenna for every couple hundred KHz of the ham
 bands, that's really super. We less fortunate folks who like to
 frequency hop from one end to the other will use a tuner.

 ----
 73, Rich - W3ZJ

Rich, there are antennas that provide a fairly large bandwidth. One such
antenna is the Bazooka. But I agree with you, a tuner is almost a must, I
would not be without one here in my shack.
73 de Jim  K2ZF