[TenTec] Broad Band Antenna

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Broad Band Antenna
From: reid.w.simmons@intel.com (Simmons, Reid W)
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 09:00:40 -0800
Several years ago the ARRL reviewed a "magic" antenna made by Maxcon (I
think that was the name), that also had a "mysterious" black box attached to
it and sold for an outrageous price.  X-Rays revealed what looked like an
encapsulated scrap PC board mounted in the box.  I believe the ARRL rated
the efficiency of that antenna in the single digits or close to it.  It
wasn't on the market long after that.  If it had been designed for 11
meters, they probably would have sold tens of thousands of them and become
rich.  :-)

Reid, K7YX