[TenTec] "Lineage" follow-up questions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] "Lineage" follow-up questions
From: k9iua@juno.com (Kevin L Anderson)
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 21:50:05 EST
Ten-Tec Experts --

I have not received any further comments in several
days (essentially since I submitted the updated
production start years about two weeks ago).

One year that I have not heard back on:

**** When was the Century 21 Digital model first
introduced? ****

Otherwise, I at least have reasonably close approximations
for the other models and will post the updated list
sometime soon.

Another question:

*** Why does the Century 21 look so different than
everything else produced by Ten Tec? ****

Now many will say the Century 21 is good looking
(and I do not mean to question your assessment <grin>),
but when you compare it to all the other transceivers
pictured on the unofficial web site, no other Ten Tec
box even comes close in appearance.  The C21 is tall
compared to its width.  It is not in the same nice looking
box that has been the staple of Ten Tec since the
PowerMites started it all. Now I will admit that I
have not seen a Trident I or II -- is that similar to
the Century 21?

Oh well, just musing on a Friday evening.

So, up ahead is an updated set of transceiver lineage
notes for distribution....  Somebody else can document
the amplifiers, as I don't have any such heavy iron (a
QRP operator, I am).

Cheers/73.   Kevin, K9IUA
owner of 3 T-T rigs:  Century 22, Scout, Argosy II

Kevin Anderson, K9IUA, Lincoln/Bismarck ND
e-mail:  K9IUA@juno.com     Opinions all my own.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.