[TenTec] Omni 6 info

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni 6 info
From: kitt5@earthlink.net (Jerry L. Kitterman)
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 00:56:49 -0600
Gentlemen,

  I recently picked up a Omni 6 upgraded at the factory with Option 3.

  I would like to interface the rig with my computer for contesting, etc.
This would not be permanent, just when I needed it.  Do I need any hardware
other  than what is built in my Omni from TT?  What software is everyone
running with their Omni 6's?  Freeware, shareware, expensive ware ??

  Also, the keyer in the rig has a peculiar problem.  Sometimes but not
always it speeds up a little or slows down but this is not all of the time.
Anyone familiar with this?

 One more thing.  When I have a cw qso 30 minutes or longer the heatsink
really gets very hot.  You can't leave your hand on it.  Is this the norm?
If it is I still don't really like to see that much heat generated by the
radio.

  I believe this is one of the finest cw rig's I've used.  Really shines on
cw which I'm on about 95% of the time.  If anyone has these answer's to my
questions or can share some tips/comments or whatever I sure would
appreciate it.

73
Jerry
W9CTB