[TenTec] Knife switch

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Knife switch
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 21:55:10 -0500
Here is a link to a proper knife switch I had referenced in my last posting.
Some of you have been asking about it.
http://www.surplussales.com/Antennas/Antennas-4.html

Connect your feeder to the center two poles, your tuner to the top poles and
your ground to the bottom poles. Throw the switch in the up position to
operate and down to ground the antenna plus disconnect the tuner. If you so
desire, use another switch between the your ground system and the rig.

If you use coax, chop off those connectors and hook the wire directly to the
switch. It won't hurt a thing unless you try this on 2 meters or lower.

Steve Ellington
N4LQ