[TenTec] Corsair I frequency drift

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair I frequency drift
From: wb2vuf@qsl.net (Bwana Bob)
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 21:00:20 -0400
If its drifting "up and down", I would suspect the PTO mechanism. It
might need rebuilding or relubrication. If drift is in one direction,
it is warmup drift. Each Corsair PTO was individually temperature
compensated at the factory but some are better than others. Under the
bottom PTO cover, on the foil side of the PTO board, there is a small
ceramic capacitor. It is an "N750" type (negative temperature
coefficient of 750 parts per million per degree). The value may be
around 5 or 10 pf. Try different velues of N750 caps. After changing
caps the PTO alignment will have to be adjusted slightly.

                        73,

                        Bob WB2VUF