[TenTec] Corsair II "Quirk"

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II "Quirk"
From: kh7m@hsa-kauai.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 15:54:20 -1000

> Yes, all Corsairs work this way. I have a Corsair I. I think
> that the decision was based on the mixing scheme, not on
> any whim by Ten Tec. I'll have to do the math with the PTO,
> BFO and HFO frequencies to come up with the technical reasons.

Well,  thank you for that,  Bob,  and all the others who have
responded.

I will presume that the original design was as we now have the
entire Corsair series of radios.  And the deliberate reason to
avoid hetrodynes from the 9 mHz IF sure makes sense.  Trying
to come up with a workable frequency plan for a multi-band
radio can be a challenging problem to avoid all the undesirable
higher order hetrodynes,  hi!  And one way to kill one that just
won't go away,  is to use the IF on the other side of the LO !

73,  Jim,  KH7M