[TenTec] FREE...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] FREE...
From: ny9h@home.com (bill)
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 10:04:12 -0500
  W4AUV wrote:    The fellers at Ten Tec to often send you parts for free.
Sometimes good business practice and customer service call for the same result.

Certainly not to minimize the tt effort;  Elecraft and icom have also sent
a free part from time to time.
  the actual cost to take an order over the phone, mail or email , then
create an invoice and do the processing ,billing and shipping of a part or
few parts add up. It's cheaper, if the part costs less than x, to just ship
it.   I wonder where the break even point is for mouser , who just shipped
me 10 lamps for my  238 tuner.   I think the bulbs were 7$ plus 4 $
shipping.  They probably don't make money till the invoice value is over
12-15 $.  They too do good business by being willing to ship us that little
gizmo, hoping to get our business for the bigger order.
It's called customer service
bill ny9h