[TenTec] RE: Ten-Tec Jupiter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RE: Ten-Tec Jupiter
From: WA2PVK@prodigy.net (WILLIAM F MANSEY)
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 21:37:01 -0400
Hello everyone,
    I just checked my Jupiter and have found that the attenuator switch does
in fact do more than just highlight the "ATTN" indicator on the display.  It
really does work.  I tuned in a strong (+30) signal and the attenuator
dropped it to about S-8.  This was an AM shortwave station.  I tuned in a
converation on 20 meters and the attenuator dropped the signals from +3 to
about an S-5.  I have absolutely no complaints about the operation of my
Jupiter at all.  I ordered it very early when it was still referred to as a
Pegasus FP.  I have never regretted my decision to purchase it.  The Flash
version I am using is 1.08 but I do not recall having attenuator (or the
lack thereof) problems even with earlier versions.  Great rig!; Thanks
Ten-Tec;  BILL